Good morning. I hope you’re able to soak in this week before Christmas. We are coming off of a busy weekend that was filled with hockey games and quality time with friends and family. I just can’t believe we are days away from the big day. We are making a concerted effort to not let the stress creep in. We just want to spend time this week baking, playing games, staying warm and making memories. The older the kids get, the more I cling to these days where we all get to be together. Here is a quick recap of life lately with our Monday Morning Wrap Up.
THE HARPETH HOTEL
We love The Harpeth Hotel and it’s even more fun to stop in during the holiday season. The tree in the foyer is just beautiful.
These floors!! So gorgeous. They also have turned the McGavock’s coffee shop into a fun pop up bar for the holiday season. You can hit that up between 5:00 PM and midnight. It’s over the top festive and fun with really unique cocktails. Just expect to wait in line to get in.
THIS YEAR’S WRAPPING
Here is a peek at this year’s wrapping. The pinstripe paper is from Target (Hearth and Hand) and the green leaf paper was a HomeGoods find. I actually keep my eye out throughout the year for papers that coordinate. The gold velvet ribbon is an amazon find.
TWELVE THIRTY CLUB
A friend of ours hosted their holiday party at The Twelve Thirty Club in Nashville. I know I have raved about it before but it really is one of our very favorite spots. The downstairs is great with incredible live music but be sure to go up to the Supper Club level, too.
This particular night the rain was coming down and the Christmas music inside was so good. Such a warm and cozy vibe. Reservations are a must but you can also usually find a seat at the bar which is fun, too.
This is our favorite time of the year to host and enjoy having people stop by. I’ve tried a couple of new recipes and have loved them so stay tuned for those.
FRANKLIN FARMERS’ MARKET
We hit up the Franklin Farmers’ Market in between hockey games this weekend. While it was FREEZING out, it was so fun bumping into people we know and coming home with fresh produce and seafood. I’m not normally one for donuts, but these Double Chocolate Peppermint donuts from Ellie’s were pretty amazing.
BEST BREAKFAST BURRITO IN TOWN
And if you are local and stop by, be sure to hit up the Califarmia food truck. It just may be the best breakfast burrito we have ever had (and we are picky). Great way to start the morning.
YOU STILL HAVE TIME
In case you missed it, I shared some of our favorite things that would make great last minute gifts. Always double check the shipping date, but you should still be in good shape.
- 1: Gorgoues Foosball table that arrives in time, my kids would be over the moon
- 2: Kate Spade Necklace – timeless
- 3: The Best Leggings – wash and dry great, fit so well and only $25 (I have four colors)
- 4: Jo Malone Lotion – my bestie gave me this and I am obsessed – incredible smell
- 5: Travel Pillow – this was at a favorite things party, best travel pillow and I ordered 2!
- 6: Travel Makeup Bag – I ditched my old ones and only use this, it fits everything so well
- 7: Adore This Blanket – just saw that this pretty color is on sale, best quality blanket
- 8: Nike Daybreak and currently on sale
- 9: We love these throws (so soft) and the $29 price point
- 10: Travel Massage Gun – do you have any travel athletes, this is a great gift
- 11: Azul – came highly recommend to us, Santa scooped this up
- 12: Ugg Slippers – I have been living in my daughters and know why she loves so much
- 13: Projector: an all time favorite of ours and how we watch movies
The rest of my gift guides can be seen here. Wishing you a really wonderful start to the week. And hoping we can all slow down and simply be in the moment.