‘Tis the season for fun treats and today’s cupcakes are now a favorite around here. I can’t take any of the credit for these darling snow globe cupcakes. I saw them on Instagram (@kelsimsavage) and knew I had to try them. Sharing my own spin as well as tips I learned in case you want to create them, too.
Here is what they looked like for the holiday party. To be honest, they were a bit of an event because I made regular size cupcakes only to find out that the globes I had bought were too large. So I ran around town looking for a jumbo muffin tin to save the day. And as it turns out, it’s actually really nice having them a bit larger. I didn’t have jumbo muffin wrappers so I made do with placing them on a flattened cupcake liner.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Cupcake or jumbo muffin tin depending on your preference.
- Use any cupcake and icing recipe you like (or keep it easy with store bought).
- Plastic globe ornaments. Small or large depending on cupcake size
- Small: here
- Large: here or here
- Decorations (Walmart and Michael’s are good spots)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- ONE: Use a jumbo muffin tin
- TWO: If the cupcakes are too rounded, cut some off the top to flatten a bit.
- THREE: I like to use a plastic bag to ice them and then spread with a knife.
- FOUR: Sprinkle crystals on top (I found at Michael’s)
- FIVE: Decorate and add your globe!
*I used rosemary for the trees but not sure why I put them upside down. Next time I will switch it up.
SNOW GLOBE CUPCAKES
The original ones that I saw used store bought cupcakes. Even easier. And these smaller globes. The possibilities are endless and now I want to make another batch with something else on top. I’ve also seen them done with homemade globes made from sugar but that is far above my skill set. Plus you can wash and save the globe tops and use again. They were definitely a big hit so I encourage you to try.
Thank you again to @Kelsimsavage for the idea and inspiration. I’m hooked on these and can’t wait to make them again .
If you are looking for another fun holiday treat, we love these mini chocolate cupcakes.